Want to maintain high-speed Wi-Fi across greater distances with your Linksys smart Wi-Fi router? Perform the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Setup to experience lag-free internet access with your router. Linksys provides a default gateway i.e. linksyssmartwifi.com to help you access the Linksys setup & login page. This is our complete Linksys router setup guide that includes Linksys router login instructions, firmware update steps, steps to change Linksys password, and tips to fix the linksyssamrtwifi.com not working error. Follow this guide to learn how to setup Linksys smart wifi router?
Linksys Smart WiFi Setup via Smart Setup Wizard
There are different ways to set up your Linksys device. You can use a setup CD that came within the package, a Linksys connect method, or you can use the quick setup wizard to configure your router. Setup wizard comes embedded within your router and is available when you don’t have an active internet connection. It eliminates the need for the setup CD or any additional software to install your router. It allows direct access to the linksyssmartwifi.com net setup page. In this section, we will explain how to do the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router setup using the Smart Setup Wizard.
- The first and foremost step is to make hardware connections between your devices including your router, modem, and wireless device such as a PC.
- Connect your router to your existing modem with the Ethernet cable.
- After that, connect the Ethernet cable from your router to your PC.
- After you’re done with the hardware setup, you have to use the web-browser utility method to access the Linksys smart wifi setup wizard.
- Open a browser from your PC that is connected to the Linksys router’s network.
- Type http://linksyssmartwifi.com in the address field to open the Linksys router login page.
- Now, log in with the default Linksys credentials. Look for the default login details on the backside of your router.
- In case, you’ve updated or changed your admin password, use that password to log into your router’s web GUI.
- If you have not updated your router’s default credentials then here is the solution for ‘How I setup the router’s admin password?’
- ON the login admin page, you will see the option Change Password. Click on it to create a new admin password for your router.
- Once the Linksyssmartwifi.com login process is completed, you can see the setup screen.
- Choose the option Smart Wizard Setup and follow the onscreen instructions provided by these quick wizards to configure your router.
- Change the wireless settings by updating the Linksys SSID and password.
- It is advised to update your router’s security settings to keep your network secure from hackers.
You can do a lot of changes in Linksys router settings or configure its basic & advanced settings as per your requirements Choose the strongest security such as WPA/WPA2 encryption key to keep your router secure. You can create a guest Wi-Fi network for your friends and relatives and create a separate password. Dial our toll-free number to know more.
How I can change the router’s network name and password using Linksys connect?
Linksys smart wifi router comes with the default SSID and Wi-Fi password that you can use to connect your wireless devices to the router’s network. However, you can update or change those default network name and password to a more secure one and prevent unauthorized access to your home Wi-Fi. It can help you keep your network secure from online threats and hackers. Follow the tips below to change the Linksys router’s SSID and password.
Note: In case, you want to know how to change Linksys router password through linksyssmartwifi.com, contact our technical team on their toll-free number.
- Install the Linksys connect software on your PC.
- Launch the software and choose the router settings.
- Click the option Change to change the wireless settings of your Linksys router.
- Navigate to the Personalized section and click on the tab Change Wi-Fi Name.
- Enter a new SSID and then click the option Change Network Password.
- Now, put a new, unique, and strong password in the provided field.
- Once you’re done, click on the tab Apply to save the changes.
Quick Tips for Linksys Firmware Update - linksyssmartwifi.com
Updating the Linksys router firmware is a necessary task for keeping your network secure against security vulnerabilities. When you upgrade your router to its latest version, it comes with several new features and fixes previous bugs. Also, an advanced firmware ensures your device stays compatible with the advanced media devices. It can be done either automatically or manually. Here’s how to update the firmware of your Linksys Router?
Step 1: Downloading Firmware for your Router Model and Version
Find the model number of your router on its backside to download the right firmware version for your router. Visit the official website of Linksys and locate the router’s model number to download firmware and save it on the desktop.
Step 2: Updating Linksys Router Firmware
- Launch a browser on a wireless device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Put the default gateway http://linksyssmartwifi.com in the address field and press enter.
- It will redirect you to the Linksyssmartwifi.com login page where you have to enter the default credentials such as admin username and password. Tap on the button ‘Login’.
- It will open the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Setup page.
- Click the option Administration.
- Next, choose the option Firmware Upgrade.
- Now, click on Browser to locate the downloaded firmware file.
- Upload the file and tap on the Upgrade button to start the process.
- Once the upgrade is finished, click the Finish button and reboot your router.
Quick fixes for resolving your linksyssamrtwifi.com not working Error
Are you having trouble accessing the linksyssmartwifi.com net setup page? Sometimes, users face issues while logging into their router’s web-interface using its default gateway. There might be various reasons behind this error. Wondering why linksyssmartwifi.com page is not responding? Follow the steps below to fix those issues with your router:
- Make sure the Ethernet cable is properly connected from the modem to your router’s WAN port.
- Ensure that the Ethernet wire is securely plugged in from your router to the Lan port on the computer device.
- If you’re using the wireless connection, you need to make sure that your computer is connected to your router’s network.
- Next, try closing your current browser or try deleting its cookies, cache.
- Make sure that the default gateway you’ve typed in the address field is correct.
- You can try using the Linksys default IP to open the Linksys router login window and get into the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Setup page.
This was our complete Linksys router setup guide. In case, you have any other issues related to your Linksys smart wifi router, get assistance from our technical experts. You can give us a call on our toll-free number or chat via a live chat window provided here. We will try our best to fix all your router issues and resolve other queries.